Ballam Park PS Specialist Programs
All year levels are involved in a comprehensive physical education program. This involves
- Weekly PE lessons for every grade (55 minutes)
- Years 5 and 6 interschool Winter sport program (Term 2)
- Years 5 and 6 outdoor camp program every second year
- Swimming program for years prep to 2
- Beach swimming program for years 3 to 6, including experiencing the use of a surf board and body board. The school has a supply of wet suits for this program.
- Year 3 Bike Ed program (Term 3 & 4)
- Prep PMP program
Students are involved in expressing themselves through creating, making and presenting their art work.
Students are exposed to a variety of experiences, such as painting, drawing, collage, printing, making models, working with clay and using textiles in art.
The art elements of line, shape, form, colour, texture and pattern are explored throughout the year.
All classes at all year levels are offered a weekly music/performing arts session.
Our students are offered opportunities to express themselves through musical experiences as well as drama and dance activities.
Singing groups, dance groups and special music ensembles regularly practise in the music room during recess and lunch times.
Keyboard and guitar lessons are offered on Mondays and Wednesdays.