Working With Children Check

(WWCC) What is it?

It is a legal requirement that all volunteers and workers involved in any school must have a WWCC.

A WWCC can be obtained by completing the online application form at:

  1. The applicant completes the online application after logging on.
  2. To complete the process, the applicant then takes their required evidence to the Post Office .

When completing your application:

  • You must provide true and correct information on the application form.
  • You need to provide the Department of Justice with any additional information requested regarding your application or your application will be withdrawn.
  • You will be giving the department permission to obtain information that will help assess your eligibility to hold a WWCC Check card.

Before you start child-related work:

You must apply for a WWCC Check.

  • You need to show your receipt to every organisation who engages you in child-related work. 
  • Organisations are obliged to make sure people doing child-related work have applied for and passed the WWCC Check.
  • Organisations are also obliged to make sure their workers are legally permitted to do child-related work while their application is being processed (see the next point)

Undertaking child-related work during the application process

Most people can undertake child-related work while their application is processed.

However you cannot if you:

  • Have been charged with or convicted of a serious sexual, violent or drug-related offence known as a Category 1 or Category 2 offence in the Working with Children Act 2005 (the Act).
  • Have previously been given a Negative Notice.
  • Are subject to orders or reporting obligations under the:
  • Sex Offenders Registration Act 2004
  • Serious Sex Offenders Monitoring Act 2005
  • Serious Sex offenders (Detention and Supervision) Act 2009
  • have applied for the Check to supervise a child in employment under the Child Employment Act 2003
  • have applied for the Check for work regulated by the Education and Care Services National Law 2010 (Victoria)
  • Some other organisations also require their staff and volunteers to pass the Check before commencing work. You need to check this with your organisation.


  • There is no charge for Volunteers.

We value parent/carer help in our breakfast mornings, organised days, activities, excursions, incursions, working bees and classroom happenings, but please understand that without a WWCC we cannot include you.

Please see the office or speak to your child’s class teacher if you require assistance to complete this form .

Update your details

It is essential that you always keep your details up to date. 

You must advise the department within 21 days if you change the organisation that engages you in child-related work.

You must also notify the department within 21 days of changes to your personal and contact details.

 You can update the following details online through MyCheck:


  • Address
  • Phone numbers (work, home or mobile)
  • E-mail address
  • Organisation details
  • Occupational codes.